I was intrigued to discover #Protractor, an AngularJS testing framework. With client side MVC/MVVM frameworks getting popular among the developers, AngularJS is the premier framework to develop Office365/SharePoint 2013 apps. Integrating TDD methodologies to app development model will help developers to deliver maintainable, flexible and extensible solutions and interfaces.
Below is the RevealJS presentation on how to create AngularJS based SharePoint app and execute end to end testing using #Protractor. I would like to thank Andrew Connell for introducing RevealJS and AngularJS Apps
This presentation includes training videos and Source code to build SharePoint
1) Expenses AngularApp(SharePoint hosted App)
2) ExpensesAngularApp test (NodeJS project created using VS2013)
1. Expenses AngularApp:
– This is a SharePoint hosted app developed using popular angular framework.
– Utilizes best patterns and practises for angular framework based on HotTowel framework and Learning-Path- Manager-Code-Sample from Andrew Connell.
– Available as a nuget package for easy install
2. ExpensesAngularApp test:
– This Project runs on NodeJS and executes End to End testing on Expenses Angular App
– Utilizes Protractor framework to do E2E testing
– Jasmine is used to write test specs
Source code: https://github.com/spbreed/spangularapp