Not surprisingly AutoSPInstaller for SharePoint 2016 is out immediately after few days of #SP2016 Preview release.
Recently AutoSPinstaller online is release as well to generate the farm configuration file to run this tool.
For more details refer https://autospinstaller.com/Guide
Recently I had a chance to install SP2016 on Win2016 and SQL 2016. AutoSpInstaller worked fine without any glitch and I was able to configure a single server farm in 4-5 hrs on Azure.
Here are the steps:
- Launch a VM using Win Server 2016 Technical preview 3 base image or install it on a Local VM
- Provision E:\ and F:\ for SQL and Logs
- Join the server to a domain
- Fully functional SharePoint install requires atleast 9 service accounts. Below PowerShell script can be used to automate Service account creation and to configure “No password expiry” policies. Update the CSV file with required values: Create-ADUsers.ps1
- Add replicating directory changes permission to spprofilesync account https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Hh296982.aspx
- Though SharePoint adds required firewall ports during setup, I used the below scripts to add required firewall ports in advance
- Download and Install SQL server 2016 preview from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-sql-server-2016. Use SQLService accounts created in step 3 while configuring SQL services
- Pre configure app domain using http://sharepointchick.com/archive/2012/07/29/setting-up-your-app-domain-for-sharepoint-2013.aspx
- Download AutoSPSourcebuilder from http://autospsourcebuilder.codeplex.com/ and unzip in the same drive
- Download AutoSPInstaller from http://autospinstaller.codeplex.com/ and unzip in the same drive
- Download #SP2016 preview from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48712 and mount it as
MOUNT-DISKIMAGE C:\ISO\SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview.ISO
- Now navigate to AutoSPSourceBuilder and run PS F:\AutoSPSourceBuilder> .\AutoSPSourceBuilder.ps1 -GetPrerequisites:$true -Destination “F:\AutoSPInstaller\SP\2016” to create SlipStreamed version of #SP2016
- Now prepare AutoSPInstallerInput.xml for SharePoint 2016. Its highly recommended use https://autospinstaller.com/ to generate this config today. But as of today (09/03/2016) online tool to generate config file for SP2016 is not supported. Only notable difference wrt to AutoSPInstaller between #SP2013 and #SP2016 is the introduction MinRoles to simplify the deployment and scaling. For more details refer http://blogs.technet.com/b/wbaer/archive/2015/05/12/what-s-new-in-sharepoint-server-2016-installation-and-deployment.aspx
- Select <SingleServerFarm Provision=”true” /> for single server farm setup. Attached is the sample Config file for SP2016 for your reference. AutoSpInstallerInput.xml
- Now run the .\AutoSPInstallerLaunch.bat. Installation will be a breeze.